Roofing is one of the biggest investments you can do on your properties, let it be your own home or a commercial building. In fact, it’s a like shield against the environment and a wrong choice may carry a lot of different problems. For example, a bad quality metal roofing is exposed to corrosion, and we all know how damaging and terrible can be this issue. The same with rubber roofing, if you choose one of poor quality, it won’t last very long with a tad of luck it will last a couple of years.
Also, depending on your situation you will need a specific kind of roof. For example, if you want something durable and designed for rainy environments, then rubber roofing stands as a very attractive option. On the other side, if you want something that’s proven to last for a lot of years (more than 70 years), then you may want to prefer a metal roofing. Keep in mind that there are different kinds of metal roofing, being one of the most popular ones corrugated metal roofing.
Now let’s talk more about metal roofing and rubber roofing.
Metal roofing is a perfect match with people who enjoy DIY projects. Because you have so many different styles that’s impossible not to find a combination that doesn’t meet the style of your home. With the purpose of making this article straight to the point, let’s look into the benefits of metal roofing.
1. The first vote in favor of metal roofing is how durable it is. If you opt for this kind of roofing, then you can expect it to last no less than 50 years, and up to 70-90 years depending on the quality and materials used in fabrication.
2. Excellent resistance against fire.
3. If you want to save on AC then metal roofing will be of great help, because this type of roof will make your house a lot cooler.
4. Perfect for structure integrity due to its light-weight. Also this feature puts metal roofing as one of the best options when it comes to preserving life.
As you can see metal roofing is a very good choice, it has a lot of benefits and it’s not so expensive. Now let’s look into rubber roofing.
Rubbers roofs are very popular as well. On this section we will analyze all the benefits it has to offer to you.
1. If you want to be eco-friendly, then rubber roofing is the way to go. These roofs are made of recycled materials, so if you want to make your house as green as possible, then this roofing stands out as the best option in the market.
2. It’s a great way to keep your house cool. Just like metal roofing it reflects heat, such a great advantage!
3. Repairs are very cheap. In comparison to other kind of roofs, rubber roof are very affordable to repair.
4. Perfect for flat roofs.
Here you have in front of you two of the best options when it comes to roofing your home. Evaluate each one and see which fits your situation better.